At BlueMetal Architects, our Enterprise Services practice consists of many well-respected professionals known throughout the industry as the authority in Microsoft products and technologies, as well as many open source and mobile platforms. Our deep domain expertise and experience has helped deliver innovative and leading edge solutions for many Fortune 1000 clients throughout North America.
We are seeking a highly motivated, talented Software Engineer, who is excited to learn and use modern technologies; who thrives in an environment working with expert project teams that deliver high-value, measureable results by working collaboratively with clients using a business-driven solutions methodology and who enjoys new challenges. It is also important to us that you have experience in strategy, design and development of enterprise-level custom application development implementations.
At BlueMetal, you will be joining a world class team of architects and engineers with excellent interpersonal and organization skills that also have the ability to manage complex solutions with rapidly changing priorities. You need to be a driven, self-starter that requires minimal supervision and one who is passionate about personal and professional achievement while solving our client's complex business problems.
Join our team!
BlueMetal Architects, Inc. is a rapidly growing business with offices in Watertown, MA, New York, NY and Chicago, IL. We architect and build software solutions that exactly meet clients needs, today and in the future.
Our service lines include Enterprise Services, UX Engineering, Business Analytics, Information Management, Cloud Platforms, Mobility, and UX Frameworks and Design. We focus primarily on Microsoft products and technologies but also work with many open source and mobile platforms.
However, BlueMetal is not just a consulting company… we also imagine, design and build new products and technologies targeted for consumers and enterprises in the marketplace. We love architects with entrepreneurial passion who are interested in bringing ideas to market, and since everyone at BlueMetal receives equity as part of their compensation, we all share in our success!
More about the position…
As a key part of our Enterprise Services team, you will be responsible for the design and development of mission-critical solutions for our Fortune 1000 clients. You will work closely with business and IT stakeholders in a collaborative, team environment to envision and implement modern software architectures that are of extremely high quality:
• Work directly with clients first to understand, then to map business needs to technical solutions.
• Assess existing applications and recommend approaches for modernization. Document and present solutions to enterprise architects and CTOs. Rapidly prototype and prove solutions using the latest Microsoft technologies.
• Collaborate with a team of senior software architects and developers to implement the solutions.
For our current projects, we are looking for engineers who have the experience and knowledge in developing large, scalable and distributed applications with several years of hands-on .NET (3.5 or higher) development experience including:
• .NET Frameworks: LINQ, WCF, WPF and/or Silverlight, and Workflow Foundation
• IIS and ASP.NET MVC 3 (AppFabric & ADFS are a plus)
• Use of ORM tools, specifically Entity Framework
• Asynchronous programming models (specifically with WCF & Silverlight or AJAX)
• Visual Studio TFS or similar source control system
Background in software design and development best practices including:
• Object Oriented .NET Development (C#, VB.NET)
• Test-driven development and xUnit Frameworks
• Java background in patterns previous to .NET is plus
• Services Oriented Architecture & Enterprise Application Patterns
• Practitioner of the Principles & Patterns of Agile Software
• Software quality and testing procedures
Of course all good engineers have great capabilities beyond just the technology, and some of the attributes that BlueMetal is looking for include:
• Technology consulting or similar business experience
• Ability to understand a client's needs
• Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including base salary, bonus, medical, dental, and vision plans, FSA, LTD and life insurance coverage, 401(k) plan, and equity in the company through participation in an equity incentive plan.
Unleash your potential!
Want to learn more? Please contact email@example.com or apply directly to learn more about the position, our team, and our plans. Our rapid growth and dynamic work environment will give you lots of opportunity to play a critical role in our success – while working with other strong technologists, following your passion for great software, and having fun at the same time!
Principals only, please -- no agencies. Also, no relocation funds are available so please be local. Thanks!